Thursday, March 4, 2010

Organization

I have a confession to make. I am a horrible housekeeper. I try so hard but I have yet to find a way that works. I like to come up with systems that will keep me clutter and mess free but my desk and dining room table show that something just isn't clicking.
So what is a girl to do? Well I've been reading over at Organizing Junkie and Complete Organizing Solutions and have determined that they way to get organized is to just bite the bullet and get moving.

Here's the plan:
Desk area
  • Need a system for incoming mail and bills so that they get paid
  • Need a space and system for lesson planning
  • Need to re-evaluate filing system so that it is current to my needs
Bathroom/ Sink area
  • Need a reminder system for meds
  • Need to corral cosmetics and hair products so they are not just "out" all the time
  • Create storage area in the open area near the door for random things that don't have homes (extra linens, sports equipment, cleaning products)
  • Organize shower tub so that products have home
Sleeping area
  • Find permanent home for humidifier
  • System for movies
  • System for books and reading materials
Stay tuned for progress rpoerts and before and after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment