Monday, March 8, 2010

Good Morning America

One of the perks of living in Los Angeles is that there are lots of free things to do. I was looking at the webpage for free studio tapings and I found that Good Morning America was taping here the morning after the Oscar's. I convinced The Boy to tag along with me for the taping.

Now let me remind you of 2 things:
1.) Los Angeles is 3 hours behind New York where GMA is based.
2.) GMA goes on the air at 7 AM in New York.

Do a little math. Now what time did taping start here? It's okay, I'll wait...

That's right taping started at 4 AM.

We had to be at the studio two hours prior to taping. And based on my experiences it is best to be there an hour before the scheduled time. So we got there at 1 AM. We didn't even bother going to bed.

It was a lot of waiting and even though we were numbers 25 and 26 in line we were only in one shot on the broadcast (if you happened to see the show we were sitting behind the "Bleacher Creatures" and when then did the intro to their piece, you could see us sitting behind them). The whole point of doing this was so that I could call my nana and say "Did you see me on GMA?" and of course she missed that one little shot.

Oh well it was a bit of an adventure but in the end I think it didn't have the return that I though it would. It's fun playing tourist in my own city but this was not what I thought it would be. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment